Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pilot Control Dialog
04-16-16, 11:39 AM (This post was last modified: 04-18-16 08:12 AM by Steve - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Pilot Control Dialog
I have come across what I believe is a issue with the Pilot Control Dialog. After I acknowledge the Waypoint Arrival Alarm on the p70r and the alarm is silenced, the "Pilot Control Dialog" pops-up and remains on the screen for 5 seconds ON ALL SCREENS covering up vital engine data and radar data.

Is there a way to make this dialog disappear immediately and automatically after the arrival alarm is silenced? It pops up on all 3 displays and covers up 1/3 of the display when it is open. When slowing down or turning I cant see my engine data (on one of the displays) and the radar on the other. Please advise.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-18-16, 09:49 AM
RE: Pilot Control Dialog
All dialog boxes will have an "OK" or "Acknowledge", button to remove the box from the screen. That is the only way to remove from the screen before it automatically disappears within 5 seconds.

Your information have been entered into Feature Requests. We have had discussions of moving the box to one of the corners in order to not cover vital data. Keep you eye out for a future software upgrade that will move the box from the center of the screen. I don't have a specific time frame as to when it will be added.
06-14-17, 02:03 AM
Has there been any updates on this? I also find this very annoying. I have A95 and A98 displays and P70R autopilot control at my only helm station. I would like to be able to control this. If the alarms came up on only one of the MFDs that would be good. A smaller notice in the corner of one screen would be even better.

Thanks,
Joe
06-14-17, 09:30 AM (This post was last modified: 06-14-17 09:31 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Joe,

No changes to this feature have yet been introduced and a feature request has been logged to consider a feature change such a you have recommended within a future software update for the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs. As I also operate my system's MFDs in full offset and relative motion mode when operating in pilotage waters, I have opted not to utilize the autopilot controls feature and instead rely upon my autopilot control head or wireless autopilot remote to acknowledge waypoint arrival and heading changes associated with a route ... one button press vs. three screen touches. Should the waypoint arrival alert dialog be interfering with your ability to easily view the vessel icon, then it would be recommended that the full offset feature not be utilized when operating in relative motion mode and navigating to a waypoint/cursor position or following a route.