Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Lighthouse 3 Radar Overlay
07-11-18, 11:19 AM (This post was last modified: 07-18-18 01:21 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Lighthouse 3 Radar Overlay
I need some help with programming radar overlay over the chart. Both chart and radar functions work fine independently as well as on a split screen. I can't seem to find the option or how to overlay them. Your help is greatly appreciated!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-18-18, 01:35 AM (This post was last modified: 07-18-18 01:21 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] Lighthouse 3 Radar Overlay
Hello Doug,

On the Chart page/app, go to Menu > Settings (gearbox at the bottom) > Layers > Radar toggle (will only appear when a radar is detected on the network.)

The radar needs to be transmitting of course, and if you don't have an autopilot or other source of magnetic heading data then you'll need to enable the setting 'Use radar without heading data' in the Advanced tab. Note that this is off by default because radar overlay from GPS COG is significantly less accurate/reliable than from heading - I personally always recommend using a good-quality source of heading data if using radar overlay.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
07-18-18, 12:29 PM (This post was last modified: 07-18-18 01:21 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you Tom.
We will check it out.
D
07-19-18, 01:39 AM
No problem.
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.