Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Miracast with the Axiom Pro
01-13-20, 11:22 PM
RE: [TG11] Miracast with the Axiom Pro
Hi John,

As someone who spends their working life trying to untangle networking problems over the phone with inexperienced installers or the end-user, I personally am in favour of keeping navigational networks and everything else as separate as possible, but I am sure you're right and that greater integration is the way things will go over time, probably limited only by development resources and demand.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-16-20, 11:16 AM
Is anyone having Miracast actually work properly?

I have a brand new and updated Axiom Pro 12 RVX and a brand new and updated Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter less than two feet away.

It connects up ok, but then disconnects randomly. I can usually reconnect ok, but sometimes it takes a few goes.

I have lithium batteries so battery voltage can be discounted. In testing I have switched off everything except the TV and the MFD. I have tried changing the WiFi channel to 1 and 3.

This feature as if stands is entirely useless to me and I have to find an alternative.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-19-20, 10:53 PM
Hello DevoDave,

If they're that close and the connection is that unreliable then I think there's something else going on. In my working with it in our office environment - lots of electrical noise and other Wifi - I get a consistent, reliable connection over many hours at a range of 8-10m.

If you'd like our Service workshop to check your display, we would be happy to do that. You can get it back to us directly by booking it in at http://www.raymarine.com.au/service-and-...s-returns/, or you can get it back via your supplying dealer.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
02-22-20, 03:58 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-20 10:25 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Cheers. I think I will have to do that. My laptop connection is rock-solid in the same electrical environment and at 4-5m range.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user