Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] couple questions >e127
07-12-18, 02:41 PM (This post was last modified: 07-16-18 08:50 PM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
couple questions >e127
The only way I can display Waypoint data (bearing, Lat / Lon , distance) is in the 2 data boxes.. Is that correct ??

My water Temperature reads 29 degrees F , it should be reading somewhere around 70.. Is that a transducer issue or can that be corrected ?

Is there a backlight feature on the control buttons that are on the right side of the e127 ? (Waypoint, split screen , power etc)

Thank you in advance .. Tony T
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-16-18, 09:02 PM
RE: couple questions >e127
Hello Tony,

- You can show L/L, bearing and range to any chart point at the top of the chart context menu (place the cursor, press Ok). If you want to continuously show waypoint L/L, bearing and range then yes, you need two databoxes: Waypoint Info and Target Position.

- What transducer do you have, and is this connected directly or through a sounder module? The water temp data normally comes from a thermistor (temperature-sensitive resistor) in the transducer, and the temperature has an inverse relationship with resistance so low temperature reading implies high resistance: perhaps you have a loose or corroded transducer connection or cable join somewhere. Alternatively, some sounders can output a spurious temperature reading when there's an incorrect Speed transducer selection (fishfinder page > Menu > Setup > Transducer setup), and finally we know that some engines can output incorrect water temperature over NMEA2000, so if you have an engine connected, it might be worth temporarily disconnecting the NMEA2000 to see whether that's the cause.

- The keypad backlight is designed to operate automatically based on the display backlight level. On full display backlight, the keypad backlight is off (assuming full daylight), then as you reduce the display backlight to a mid-level (twilight), the keypad backlight comes up to its maximum level, and finally as you keep on dimming the display backlight (full darkness) the keypad backlight dims again so as not to damage your night vision. There is no manual keypad backlight control.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
07-18-18, 05:28 PM
Tom .. Thank you .. I will check the transducer part number .. the transducer is connected directly to the e127 with no other sounder module
07-19-18, 01:27 AM
Ok, I'll wait to hear back about the transducer.
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.