Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[CA] [CA11] Converting .fsh to .gpx
07-13-18, 03:53 PM (This post was last modified: 07-16-18 04:31 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Bug [CA11] Converting .fsh to .gpx
i have a archive.fsh file with 800 waypoints on it and when i go to convert these to .gpx all i get out is around 150. i view the .fsh in notepad and i can see all the correct waypoint numbers but i need help converting it and possibly clearing out the duplicates. Has anyone else found a fix for this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-16-18, 04:30 PM (This post was last modified: 07-16-18 04:32 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Converting .fsh to .gpx
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum fishinhuntinfreak,

The most common cause for the reported issue is that the data within the archive.fsh file violates one or more of the constraints listed within the FAQ found here. If the archive.fsh file was produced by a Raymarine MFD, then it would be recommended that you go back to the MFD and verify that the data for each waypoint does not violate these constraints. If not and the problem persists, then attach the archive.fsh file to a response to this thread for further analysis. If the archive.fsh file was produced by a third party application, then it would be recommended that the data be changed within that applications and that a new archive.fsh file then be produced.
07-30-18, 08:15 AM
i checked out the fact file and the data in this .fsh file is from a Raymarine unit i have tried using voyage planner and the .fsh to .gpx converter with no luck i will attach the fsh file for you to take a look at! any help will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!
07-30-18, 09:11 AM (This post was last modified: 07-30-18 09:44 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
fishinhuntinfreak,

There appears to have been a defect within the Archive.FSH file. In the past, I have corrected similar issues by erasing the waypoint/route/track memory of an A/C/E-Series MFD or C/E-Series Widescreen MFD, importing data from an Archive.FSH file into the A/C/E-Series MFD or C/E-Series Widescreen MFD, deleting the Archive.FSH file from the CF memory card, and exporting the waypoint/route/track data from the MFD to the CF memory card. The newly created Archive.FSH file is then free of the aforementioned defect. This method of the cleansing your Archive.FSH file has once again proven successful in correcting the defect within your Archive.FSH file. I was then able to successfully convert the data within your Archive.FSH file to a GPX file by using Raymarine’s FSH to GPX Converter PC application.