Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] JL Audio MM100S to Axiom
07-16-19, 09:54 AM (This post was last modified: 07-16-19 10:18 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] JL Audio MM100S to Axiom
Thank you Chuck!

So just to double check -

- Update software
- I take the wire from my Raymarine that plugs into the NMEA 2000 backbone and connect it to a T on the backbone
- I wire a NMEA 2000 power supply from the battery with an in-line 5a fuse to another T and connect it to the backbone
- I plug the NMEA 2000 cable from the JL Audio into another T on the backbone
- I make sure both ends of the backbone are terminated

Then it should work? Is this correct?

Thanks again and I apologize, I am just new to this whole thing and I have already bought several pieces of a NMEA 2000 backbone - just trying to figure it out.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-16-19, 10:17 AM (This post was last modified: 07-16-19 10:21 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
jpjudge,

Q. So just to double check -

- Update software
- I take the wire from my Raymarine that plugs into the NMEA 2000 backbone and connect it to a T on the backbone
- I wire a NMEA 2000 power supply from the battery with an in-line 5a fuse to another T and connect it to the backbone
- I plug the NMEA 2000 cable from the JL Audio into another T on the backbone
- I make sure both ends of the backbone are terminated

Then it should work? Is this correct?

A. Conceptually correct. Depending upon whether the backbone is constructed from SeaTalkng networking components or third party NMEA 2000 networking components, adaptation may be required as indicated within my initial response. Like JL Audio Products, the NMEA 2000 communications interface of Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL products feature a DeviceNet (M) socket.
07-16-19, 10:20 AM (This post was last modified: 07-16-19 10:21 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks so much!
07-16-19, 10:55 AM
I was able to get this working, the key was updating the JL head unit to the latest release Version 4. That was the only way it would work.

The Audio App is very basic and has some real limitations. I cannot see the media I play from my iPhone over BT, I can just skip tracks forward and back and pause them. It has volume controls but the way its implemented makes it unuseable with a JL Audio Head Unit. The Audio App doesnt understand linked zones like the head unit does, so with the Head unit, I have zones 2-4 linked to zone 1, and when I rotate the volume knob, all the zones move together. In the Audio App, there are controls for each zone and you cant link them, and it doesnt detect the link relation on the head unit. So if I raise the volume on zone 1, it doesnt do anything to zones 2-4.

I am hoping they will fix this and it will be a great App. For now I got the hard part done and its interfaced and working, now its just a waiting game as always.
07-16-19, 12:30 PM (This post was last modified: 07-16-19 12:31 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
kaptkaos,

Q. The Audio App doesnt understand linked zones like the head unit does, so with the Head unit, I have zones 2-4 linked to zone 1, and when I rotate the volume knob, all the zones move together. In the Audio App, there are controls for each zone and you cant link them, and it doesnt detect the link relation on the head unit. So if I raise the volume on zone 1, it doesnt do anything to zones 2-4.

A. Thanks for the feedback. I too am seeing the reported issue of linked zones. A problem report will be logged accordingly to seek correction of this problem within a future LightHouse 3 software update.
07-27-19, 06:26 PM (This post was last modified: 07-29-19 08:20 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I have attempted to follow the instructions. I purchased a backbone starter kit and have it the backbone properly terminated and wired to power. However, I don't have any controls of the audio system and it is not recognized. Aditionally, I attempted to update the software as you recommended, but it says that I do not have enough space. One display says 32 mb needed, the other says 20 mb needed of extra space. Please advise. Thanks, JJ
07-29-19, 08:22 AM
jpjudge,

Q. I attempted to update the software as you recommended, but it says that I do not have enough space. One display says 32 mb needed, the other says 20 mb needed of extra space.
A. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.