Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] i70s changes from metres to feet unmotivated
07-17-18, 09:06 AM (This post was last modified: 07-17-18 10:32 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] i70s changes from metres to feet unmotivated
I have 3 new i70s instruments that operates together with my new Axiom9. My default values for depth is metres and for wind speed: metres per second.
I have observed 3 times that my depth has changed from metres to feet and 2 times that my wind speed has changed from ms to knots, without doing any manual operation. This reflects of course to all instruments including the Axiom.
Any answer on that - software upgrade?
Rg
Jorgen
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-18-18, 08:59 AM
RE: [DG11] i70s changes from metres to feet unmotivated
Hi jorbro

Thankyou for your enquiry,
Please can you describe your complete system and how it is interconnected? Also if you can advise the software versions of the units that will help too.
Regards
Derek
07-18-18, 11:01 AM (This post was last modified: 07-18-18 11:32 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Derec
Please find my system as enclosed pdf file.
Axiom SW version is: v3.4.66 29 March 2018
i70s SW version is: v3.11 Nov 2017

]
07-18-18, 11:37 AM
HI jorbro,
What is the software version in the SeaTalk to STng converter?
We would recommend carrying out a full factory reset on the AXIOM, just in case the software update has not loaded fully.
We would recommend using the MDS feature to ensure the depth selected is the DST800 transducer, even if it appears selected, please reselect the correct option, also change the MDS Depth selection from AUTO to MANUAL
Then change the depth units o the i70 and check the AXIOM units follow suit
Regards
Derek
07-18-18, 12:35 PM (This post was last modified: 07-18-18 01:21 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Derek
SeaTalk converter SW: v2.03

I will do what you suggest and I will return , but it may take some time, as the fault will not occur that often.
Regards,
Jorgen
07-19-18, 08:34 AM
HI jorbro

We will stand by when you have the information,
kind regards
Derek
07-26-19, 07:08 AM (This post was last modified: 07-26-19 10:05 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Derek
After 6 weeks sailing I will report the following concerning unmotivated changes from metres to feets.

The fault still shows up. Not every day but often. When I don't switch on my Axiom 9 then the problem is solved. It is as the Axiom takes over the control of the I70s. Who is the Master?

And now also wind speed changes from metres per second to knots.

I have made a factory restart before going on sailing holiday.

May be the latest SW will resolve these problems - I just downloaded it. But I can't see any comments in the list of improvements.

Rg
Jorgen
07-26-19, 10:18 AM
Hi Jorgen,

Thank you for the feedback.

Please use the MDS (Multiple Data Source Selection option in one of the i70 displays, thi swill enable you to specifically select the source of the wind data and therefore allow that display to determine the system selection of units.

Regards
Derek
07-27-19, 06:19 AM
Hi Derek
Sorry to say, but I have tried both - using the MDS of th I70s and from the Axiom.

I am quite sure that the Axiom has some influence on the set-up of these two parametres depth and wind speed, but untill now I don't know how to show you, that I'm right.

I will let you know if it continues with the latest SW.
Rg
Jorgen

(07-26-19 10:18 AM)Derek - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  Hi Jorgen,

Thank you for the feedback.

Please use the MDS (Multiple Data Source Selection option in one of the i70 displays, thi swill enable you to specifically select the source of the wind data and therefore allow that display to determine the system selection of units.

Regards
Derek