The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] AP Pump Recommendation
07-17-18, 10:37 AM (This post was last modified: 07-17-18 10:43 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] AP Pump Recommendation
Hello,

I'm going to be installing an Autopilot system on my boat and when looking up the recommended pump by the CID of the steering cylinder it gives me either a Type 1 or Type 2. My CID is 10.2. I have a 29 foot Tarheel Aluminum fishing boat. It has a Single SternPwr stern drive. Not sure if its relevant, but I troll at around 10 knots and get to bottom fishing spots doing around 18 knots. I know that getting the bigger pump would mean a quicker Hardover to hardover time. Is that the only benefit of the larger pump? Im asking because in order to use the larger pump, I have to get the ACU-400 versus the ACU-200, which is quite a lot more. Plus I have to buy the Type 2 pump separately as its not offered in a package system like the ACU-200 and a Type 1 pump are. I am in Hawaii and fish in larger swell and usually am returning home on a following sea with medium to heavy winds. What would your recommendation be for my application?

Mahalo for your time,
Cliff
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] AP Pump Recommendation - Cliff808 - 07-17-18 10:37 AM