Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Map view in wifish app
07-20-18, 10:58 AM (This post was last modified: 07-25-18 02:01 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Map view in wifish app
I have a Dragonfly 5 fish finder. When I open the map view in the Android Wi-Fish app it shows a map image of the lake I am in and the waypoints that I have set. But it doesn't show my current location. My GPS is enabled on my phone. I can see my location on Google maps so I know GPS is functional.

I'm not sure of the capabilities of this app. Should the map view show my current location?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-25-18, 02:11 PM (This post was last modified: 07-25-18 02:11 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Map view in wifish app
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Sbrettsc,

The Wi-Fish app is primarily designed to bring fishfinder features to one's mobile device. Unlike the Navionics Boating app, the Wi-Fish app is not designed to function as a chartplotter. It is merely designed to provide cartography of the body of water
and plots your waypoints on that cartography ... your vessel's position is not plotted. The Augmented Reality view will permit one to visualize where waypoints are located in relation (direction) to one's position. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply