Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Ap Compass is way off from real compass
07-18-18, 11:38 PM (This post was last modified: 07-19-18 01:15 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Ap Compass is way off from real compass
My acu200 and p70r are connected to my new axiom 9’s

The compass cog on my p70r and axiom slowly swings up to 180 degrees difference from my Ritchie magnetic compass within an hour of use.

If i reset the compass on the axiom, it all seems to get back in line but within an hour , sometimes half an hour, the compass swings wide of the real compass reading.

The boat icon also shows us sideways to our true orientation.

The ap compass is located mid ships, under my steps to the galley on my 290 shamrock. It’s forward of the two engines, and all that’s close is a bronze thru hull and a bilge pump.

Software updates are current

Why the compass swing?

Quinn Pearson
Www://pearsonmarine.ca
1-250-588-4111
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-19-18, 01:14 PM (This post was last modified: 07-19-18 01:15 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Ap Compass is way off from real compass
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Quinn,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Upon completion of executing the specified Pilot Factory Reset, and then re-executing the Dockside Wizard, cruise to complete detection of magnetics, followed by alignment of the compass should the problem then persist, then please respond with the maximum detected deviation value specified by the autopilot's diagnostics feature.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply