Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] gs 165 Navionics charts issue
07-19-18, 08:59 AM (This post was last modified: 07-19-18 11:50 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] gs 165 Navionics charts issue
I have a new (to me) gs 165. It is an early build (2013) but has never been used. I have updated it with the latest LH II software (V19.03). Update (vis SD card) was successful and everything appears to work.

I have since attempted to use Navionics + charts using preloaded SD card purchased from Navionics dealer. The card has been registered/updated via the Navionics chart installer app and is assigned to the correct species of plotter.

The MFD recognises the card - navigation warning splash screen has a line saying SD1 Navionics chart with correct update date for the charts on the card. The NAVIGATION-PRESENTATION-CHART TYPE screen shows that there is a Navionics chart but does not provide any detail (e.g.area covered). Same applies for Sonar chart. The nav/chart screen only displays the generic Navionics global chart. The diagnostics screen only refers to the pre-loaded global background charts.

I have tested the SD card port - both via the software update and using the screen capture test - all OK.

I have checked all the other settings listed elsewhere in the forum (level of detail etc) and have done a system reset, with no difference. MFD seems to see the card but not the actual charts.

The SD cards appears to contain all the necessary files (when checked on a PC).

The MFD is synced to the Navionics app but when I attempt to sync the charts it states "You need to activate the SD Card." It then tells me to activate/update the card via the Chart installer app. Something that I have already done (several time now - as above).

Plotter or card issue? Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-20-18, 11:23 AM
RE: [DG11] gs 165 Navionics charts issue
Hi NDF,

Due to the significant update of software, we would suggest carrying out a full factory reset, as described below,

* Turn the unit off
* Press and hold the Back Button
* Keeping the Back Button pressed in turn the unit on
* After the Splash screen you should see a Dark screen, Press the WPT Button (Waypoint) which is the option for Factory Reset
* After confirmation n that FLOB has been dumped, Press Exit and then restart the unit

**Please make sure you backup all Waypoints and Routes and Data settings (My Data menu on home page) etc to a separate MicroSD
other than your Cartography Card**

If there is still an issue and the chart card reports it needs to be activated, then contact Navionics to validate what is triggering this warning with the chart card.

Regards
Derek
07-20-18, 06:09 PM
Rainbow RE: [DG11] gs 165 Navionics charts issue
In March I purchased the AXIOM 9 RV MFD along with the Raymarine SR159 Sirius Weather Reciever w/ Antenna. I it installed by marine electronic technicians. When I access the the weather information on the MFD I am only getting the wind barbs and lightening symbols the is no cloud information. I have spoken with two of your technicians regarding downloading the newest version 3.5.40. I have downloaded and unzipped the files to a 4GB Mini SD Card. I have loaded the card into the MFD and it has been running for 2 hours. The MFD screen displays “Checking SD Cardfor update”.
Need assistance?
I don’t think the MFD is reading card.

Exasperated!!
Leon
07-23-18, 10:26 AM
Hi Leon,

If you insert the chart card, does it read the chart card? If yes, then the card reader is working, so there must be an issue with the update card.

We have found that new cards must be formatted to FAT32, some new blank cards are formatted to XFAT - which will not work, so you must reformat the card to FAT32 and then reload the software and try to update again.

If this is still not working, please contact one of our local agents for help?
Thanks
Derek
07-23-18, 12:44 PM (This post was last modified: 07-23-18 01:46 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks for this. Have done a factory reset but unfortunately has not changed the position. I have an online session with Navionics tomorrow, hopefully that will solve the problem. Otherwise I may be back.
07-24-18, 11:14 AM
HI NDF

Hope it goes well
Regards
Derek