Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Use CPT-60 transducer with Axiom 7
07-24-18, 02:03 PM (This post was last modified: 07-24-18 02:16 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Use CPT-60 transducer with Axiom 7
I have a Jackson BigRig Kayak that has one of the scupper holes molded specifically for the CPT-60 transducer. I want to connect it with my Axiom 7 that is used in my boat. Can this be done?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-24-18, 02:39 PM (This post was last modified: 07-24-18 03:41 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Use CPT-60 transducer with Axiom 7
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum StriperMemories,

The CPT-60 Transducer is designed for use with Dragonfly fishfinders, not for use with Axiom DV MFDs, ax8/eSx8 MFDs, or Raymarine's CP100 DownVision Fishfinder Sounder Module. The CPT-60 transducer has been replaced by the CPT-DVS transducer for Dragonfly displays. The body of the CPT-60 transducer and CPT-DVS differ from one another (see photos below):
CPT-60 Dragonfly Transducer:
[Image: CPT-60.png]

CPT-DVS Dragonfly Transducer:
[Image: cpt-dv-dvs.png]

Raymarine's Axiom DV MFDs, ax8/eSx8 MFDs, or Raymarine's CP100 DownVision Fishfinder Sounder Module are designed for use with the A80270 CPT-100 - DownVision Transducer and the A80351 CPT-100 DVS - DownVision Transducer. The body of the A80270 CPT-100 - DownVision Transducer is identical in dimensions and appearance to the CPT-60 while the A80351 CPT-100 DVS - DownVision Transducer is identical in dimensions and appearance to the CPT-DVS Dragonfly transducer. The A80351 CPT-100 DVS - DownVision Transducer has replaced the A80270 CPT-100 - DownVision Transducer, which may no longer be available.

Raymarine offers three versions of the 7" Axiom MFDs. The Axiom 7 MFD features no internal fishfinder sounder circuitry and would require that the MFD be interfaced to a CP100 , which in turn may be interfaced to the DownVision transducers specified above. The Axiom 7 DV features internal CHIRP/DownVision fishfinder sounder circuitry permitting it to be interfaced to the DownVision transducers specified above. Finally, the Axiom 7 RV MFDs feature internal RealVision fishfinder sounder circuitry. While primarily intended for use with RealVision transducers, they may be adapted (part #A80490) for use with the DownVision transducers specified above.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply