Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] A series freezes
07-24-18, 10:10 PM (This post was last modified: 07-27-18 09:00 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] A series freezes
I need some help. I have two a series MFD’s. Lately my screen has been not responding to touch. If I wait a while sometimes it works but sometimes I have to do a hard reset. Both screens are having similar issues but one is way worse than the other. When I check voltage in diagnostics it shows to be getting close to 12v while not started and 13.5v when the engines are running. I have downloaded all the latest software and it has not helped. I have done. Master rest but did not help either. I tried changing the master display but that did nothing. I can not figure this out and it is making me crazy.
Any advice???
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-27-18, 09:18 AM
RE: [CA11] A series freezes
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Rrichey,

It is recommended that the MFDs be switched OFF, the chart card(s) and any other microSD cards be removed from memory card reader slots of the MFDs, and that the system then be tested with the chart card(s) and any other microSD cards be removed. Should the system function properly with the chart card(s) and any other microSD cards removed, then it would appear that there is a problem chart card(s) or other microSD card, or with the memory card reader of the MFD itself. One may further fault isolate the problem by inserting the chart/memory cards back into the system one by one and then testing the system. Should the problem be isolated to a chart/memory card, then that chart/memory card should be tested within the reader of both MFDs. Should the problem occur within both MFDs, then the probable cause of the reported problem is a fault within the chart/memory card. In the case of the latter, the charts cards should be updated with the latest cartography and if the problem persisted, then it would be recommended that another chart card be obtained for use with the MFD. Should the cause of the problem be determined to be a fault within the memory card readers of the MFDs, then they should be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply