Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] a67 charts
07-25-18, 06:13 AM (This post was last modified: 07-27-18 10:47 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] a67 charts
I just recently purchased an a67 and I see it came with the LightHouse USA Coastal Vector Charts chip. I'm only boating in the lakes region in NH (Winnipesaukee, Squam, etc). Does anyone know if this chip covers that area of if I need a different one? I'm new to boating and haven't loaded the provided chip in yet but I want to be ready when I fire it up this weekend.

Thanks for checking out my post.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-27-18, 11:12 AM (This post was last modified: 07-27-18 11:14 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] a67 charts
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Tgdolemite,

LightHouse US NOAA Vector Charts provide cartography coverage for the coastal water of the US, the Great Lakes, and Lake Champlain. It is generally recommended that those operating on inland lakes and rivers consider either purchasing a MFD bundle which includes a Navionics+ chart card or that they separately purchase a Navionics+ or Navionics HotMaps Platinum Plus chart card for their system from an authorized Navionics dealer. From personal experience, I boat on Lake Winnipesaukee as well, the Navionics+ chart cards are pre-populated by Navionics with coverage for most lakes and rivers ... however, there a exceptions due to the memory capacity of the chart card. In this case cartography for Lake Winnipesaukee is not among that which is pre-populated onto the Navionics+ chart card. However, this should not be an issue for most and can easily be addressed by populating your chart card with Navionics Freshest Data to include nautical and SonarCharts for the geographic area in which the vessel will be operated. All Navionics chart card purchases permit their owners to download (at no cost) Freshest Data updates during the first year of ownership. You will simply need to use your computer to create a login ID on the Navionics website and then install and use the free Navionics Chart Installer tool to update your chart card with Fresh Data nautical and SonarCharts for the northeast (use the Navionics Chart Installer's boundary tool to set the boundaries of geographic area which you desire to download (recommend making the bounded area as large as the tool will permit (ex. the bounded area should typically be adjusted to include all of New Hampshire), as well as much of Maine and Massachusetts). Should you need further guidance on installing Navionics Freshest Data updates, then it is recommended that Navionics (508-291-6000) be contacted.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply