Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] Compact flash adapter
07-23-18, 06:47 PM (This post was last modified: 07-27-18 12:51 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Compact flash adapter
I have a c80 and needed a new card, ordered a micro SD card by mistake and can not return the card. I need a compact flash card. My question is will a compact flash adapter work? I see them for cameras, would it work? Or do I just upgrade my electronics now? Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-27-18, 12:55 AM
RE: Compact flash adapter
Hello,

I'm sorry to say that it won't work: generic adaptors won't pass through the low-level detail required to 'unlock' Navionics' chart encryption. Raymarine did offer a special CF chard card adaptor for a while, because there was a time when it looked like CF chart cards would be discontinued, but we didn't continuing supplying the hardware and developing the supporting software in the MFDs because it became clear that CF charts were going to continue to be available. My memory is that only A50/57/70 and C-series Widescreen supported the adaptor we offered (the adaptor came after C-Classic was retired.)

I think you will need to sell off the SD chart and buy a CF version.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply