Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Sonar detail lost when tapping screen
07-30-18, 01:53 PM (This post was last modified: 08-20-18 10:22 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Sonar detail lost when tapping screen
Sonar detail lost after a tap. See vid link below. Could not upload to forum. Thx for looking into 3D issue with points and spheres.

https://youtu.be/E0esA-Pp7eQ
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-14-18, 12:38 AM (This post was last modified: 08-20-18 10:22 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] Sonar detail lost when tapping screen
Hello Gamecock00,

That's a new one to me. Can you tell me what version of software you're running on the Axiom (Home > Settings), and whether the same thing happens on the DownVision display?
Can you also tell me what your Sensitivity Settings levels are set to? That looks like quite a high gain or contrast level.
Finally: the very cluttered-looking view on the Sonar channel is in part due to the choice of Classic White colour palette. I generally recommend the Sunburst palette, because it's a clear in sunlight as Classic White with strong marks still in dark red, but the clutter is in pale yellow and inobtrusive against the white background, it doesn't detract from the image.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
08-20-18, 05:13 AM (This post was last modified: 08-20-18 10:22 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Tom,

I'm running the latest version, 3.6.32. I adjusted the gain very high to easily and clearly demonstrate the problem, but normally I run everything auto and the screen is clutter free. The targets/arches still significantly fade or vanish the when I activate/tap the sonar screen. This does not happen on downvision.
09-12-18, 08:55 PM
Hello Gamecock00,

I've replicated this on my system and reported as a bug to Engineering. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.