Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] RV300 - placement
08-07-18, 04:38 AM (This post was last modified: 08-14-18 01:54 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] RV300 - placement
Hello,

I have read the FAQ on the transducer placement for RV300. The issue is that our sailboat hull is 50mm thick - almost two inches.

In order to have enough thread on the inside of the hull I need to take a small wedge out of the hull and then mount the transducer.

I have done a to scale drawing and it looks like the attachment. I am more than happy the hull is strong enough. My question is - will this placement interfere with the sonar?

I have the 20 (+/- 6 deg) RV300 with bronze base. I assume the signal comes out of the part of the transducer which is covered in black plastic? (which is well clear of the hull even with the wedge).

Cheers
W
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-23-18, 10:01 PM
RE: [TG11] RV300 - placement
Hello Watsala,

This isn't something we'd generally recommend, but from an acoustic point of view I don't think it will cause a problem. You will need to make sure that the outboard edge of the transducer is supported outside the hull, and that the nut/locking ring is also supported inside so that the surfaces that the transducer and locking ring clamp are parallel. I am assuming that this is what you plan, it's just not on shown on your drawing.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply