Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Ray52 (GPS) and i70s Integration
08-06-18, 03:00 PM (This post was last modified: 08-14-18 11:58 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Ray52 (GPS) and i70s Integration
I have a Ray52 VHF radio that has a built in GPS receiver. I also have your i70s instrument display recently purchased which can display GPS coordinates (shows it doing so on your product page). However, although both are connected to the same network the i70s does not seem to be receiving any GPS data. When I do a "transducer" search only my D800 and wind vane pop up—no Ray52. Is there a boot order I need to follow or a hidden menu somewhere?

Possibly related, my Ray52 is a bit older and has software version V1.31. It's possible the i70s needs updating as well although I just bought it. How do I go about updating the software without an MFD if software updates are the solution? I do not own an MFD.

Thanks much.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-14-18, 12:07 PM
RE: [CA11] Ray52 (GPS) and i70s Integration
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum liquidether,

While the Ray52 features an internal GPS receiver, this GPS receiver is designed to only support the VHF radio's DSC features. The Ray52 is not designed to share GPS data derived from its internal GPS receiver via the radio's NMEA 0183 or SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interfaced. Should it be desired to display GPS data on the i70S MFID, then it would need to be interfaced to a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 source of GPS data (ex. Raystar 150 GPS Sensor, Raystar 130 GPS Sensor (retired), etc.).

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how the software within Raymarine products featuring a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface may be updated within systems lacking a compatible Raymarine MFD which also features a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply