Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] Which EV series autopilot system is the right one
08-11-18, 02:12 AM (This post was last modified: 08-16-18 12:22 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] Which EV series autopilot system is the right one
I have a 12 metre, 12 ton sailing boat that I cannot calibrate the autopilot. The St6000+ appears to work fine but I cannot calibrate the pilot. When I scroll through the settings on the control head I se a deviation of 46 degrees which is not even close to the 10 degree max advised in the manual. I have attempted to calibrate with a new flux gate compass but get the same results. I am convinced from reading some other posts that the course computer (300 12v) is bad and will need to be replaced.
Q1. Are then any tests that I can conduct to verify that the course computer is indeed the culprit?
Q2.which new course computer if any are compatible with my ST 6000+ control head or must I change out the entire autopilot system?
Q3. I have an Accusteer 17-12 hydraulic pump, which steering system is the right one for that pump, I am thinking the EV 200 for sail?
Q4. If I must change out the autopilot what other components must be replaced, I have the C120 classic plotter and a Simrad A150 AIS, plus raymarine gps, sounder, and speed log of the ST 60 family?

Any other info/suggestions you might offer would be appreciated.
Sincerely,
Paul
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-20-18, 06:52 AM
RE: [DG11] Which EV series autopilot system is the right one
Hi Santosha Too

A simple test of the compass while disconnected from the computer detailed here will indicate if the fluxgate is OK or not .

If the compass check out OK, then test the rudder reference unit detailed here .

If both compass and rudder reference unit test out OK, then the T300 computer is defective.

There are no other tests required at this point, the computer is defective.
There are no current computers that are compatible with the rest of the autopilot components you currently have onboard, we recommend changing out all the components, using an EV1 sensor, p70s control head, and ACU400.
To link the new pilot to the older SeaTalk system you have onboard, please use the E22158, SeaTalk to STng converter, this converts all data between the two networks.
Regards
D
erek
08-26-18, 10:12 AM (This post was last modified: 08-27-18 08:23 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Derek,
Thanks for the information. I will test and then replace what is broken.
08-28-18, 11:11 AM
Hi Paul,

Glad to assist
Regards
Derek