Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] E80 MFD NEMA
08-28-18, 09:37 AM (This post was last modified: 08-29-18 02:36 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] E80 MFD NEMA
I have inherited a E80 MFD and a RD424 Radome which I plan to put on my boat. I also have a Garmin Echomap Chart Plotter which I use for navigation. To have a little redundancy, I'd like to use NEMA to connect the Echomap and E80 together so that I don' have to install a second GPS antenna for the E80. Does anyone know which NEMA wire from the E80 I should connect to the transmit wire from the Garmin? I am currently using the white wire, but I'm not getting any data. It is likely user error so I thought I'd start with the basics.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-29-18, 02:41 PM (This post was last modified: 08-29-18 02:43 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] E80 MFD NEMA
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum 1997Cruisers,

You're incorrectly using only 1/2 of the set NMEA 0183 IN leads required leads for communications. Please be certain to ensure that any other GPS sensors have been disconnected from the Raymarine system prior to proceeding. The NMEA 0183 IN+ (white) and IN- (green) leads may be found on the MFD's NMEA Cable. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how these leads would be interface to the Garmin product.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply