Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New setup
04-22-16, 11:45 AM
New setup
I have a 26' Olympic with a 12 degree hull and I want to install a new fish finder so I decided on the A128 E70237-NAG MFD. I normally fish deep salt water from 10' to 1000' for bottom fish and also tuna and salmon so I need to know which sounder module and transducer will work the best. I want to use the chirp and down vision for image clarity and FF capabilities and also the clearpulse. I had the CP470 module and A80010 B265LH D/T Through Hull Low-High Transducer in mind but there are so many choices I just get swallowed up.

Note: I have a Raymarine autopilot 5000+ that if possible I'd like to connect as well or replace the head unit so I can !!

I really appreciate any input from you guys !!

Allen...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-22-16, 03:01 PM
RE: New setup
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum robodad,

The in order to use the internal CHIRP/DownVision fishfinder sonar features of the a128 MFD, it must be interfaced to one of the transducer's found here. The CHIRP/DownVision fishfinder sonar of the ax8 MFDs, eSx8 MFDs, and CP100 will support sounding in depths up to 600'. By interfacing the MFD to a CP470 with a compatible CHIRP transducer such as the one which you have identified. Based upon the type of use which you have indicated, the B265LH would seem a good fit.

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how legacy SeaTalk products such as your ST5000+ may be interfaced to your new MFD.
04-24-16, 10:12 AM (This post was last modified: 04-25-16 09:39 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
OK so from how I read your message, I need two separate transducers ? And will I be able to attach both to the MFD ? Are their any other setups that would work better ? You mentioned what I picked being a GOOD fit and what I'm looking for is a GREAT fit. For under $6000 what would you do with that, keeping fish finding as most important !!

Thank you very much for your reply !!

Allen...
04-25-16, 09:54 AM (This post was last modified: 04-25-16 09:56 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Q1. I need two separate transducers ? And will I be able to attach both to the MFD?
A1. You will indeed need to install two transducers. The CHIRP/DownVision Transducer will mate directly to the MFD's transducer socket. The B265LH will mate to one of the CP470's transducer socket. The CP470 will be mated to the MFD via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable.

Q2. Are their any other setups that would work better ? You mentioned what I picked being a GOOD fit and what I'm looking for is a GREAT fit. For under $6000 what would you do with that, keeping fish finding as most important !!
A2. The B265LH is an exceptional transducer and would constitute physically the largest transducer that should be considered for a boat of this size. For maximum fishfinding performance, you may want to consider a CP570 over a CP470, as it features two fully independent sonar channels.

Should the MFD be installed in a location which does not afford it an unobstructed view of the skies overhead, then it would be recommended that it be mated to a GA150 GPS Antenna or Raystar 130 GPS Sensor.
04-26-16, 04:06 PM (This post was last modified: 04-27-16 08:04 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
OK Thank You very much for the information, I now have another question, and that is the B265LH is a through hull with a faring block and that is not the way I want to go since I trailer my boat everywhere so I am looking for one of them low profile round dual element type transducers that will do the job i'm after. Could you possibly give me a part number if there is something like that available ??
04-27-16, 08:14 AM
robodad,

If seeking the highest performing low profile transducer would be the B175L and B175H. These transducers are installed as a pair and are available in tilted element versions to compensate for the deadrise of the hull. You can find more information on these transducers here.