Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Waypoint issues on Axiom 9
08-22-18, 02:33 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-18 03:14 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Waypoint issues on Axiom 9
I spoke with phone customer support and they suggested I reach out to you directly on this forum. I was having issues when entering new waypoints in to my new Axiom 9. For some reason the software was changing the waypoint bearing slightly when I entered them. I did a factory reset and that fixed the issue however when I re-uploaded all the waypoints from my SD card the problem started happening again. Since I have several thousand waypoints from my old Garmin unit that I need on this Axiom, entering them all by hand does not seem like a feasible solution.

I am thinking that there may be an issue when uploading the .gpx files and something may need to be done to that file so that when I upload it does not create conflict in software when I enter new waypoints in future.

Can I send you the files and see if you can convert them so they properly upload into the axiom?

When I have done the upload previously I will get a warning on the axiom that upload failed nevertheless, all the waypoints show up on the unit. However there are no names or other details, only numbers. I would like to be able to have the same information… at least the waypoint names when applicable.

PS I do not want to upload the files to public forum.

Thanks,
Brad
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-22-18, 03:14 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-18 03:15 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Waypoint issues on Axiom 9
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Brad,

A defect was introduced within the LightHouse 3 software (we believe that it was introduced in LH 3 v3.6.32) in which the names associated with waypoints included within routes were lost during the import process. It is expected that this issue should be corrected within the next LightHouse 3 software update. With regard to waypoint data not being correctly stored when entered into the MFD via its user interface or when imported from a GPX data file, we have received no prior reports of such issues. The most common cause for such reports involves a failure of the operator to convert data from DMS (degrees minutes seconds) to DM (degress minutes) format. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. With the exception of the import issue regarding routes specified above, most GPX data import issues result from attempting to import data which violates the constraints of the MFD. Should you have verified that your data has violated none of these constraints or find that a waypoint from your GPX file has had its coordinates changed during the import process, then please attach your GPX file to a response to this thread and additionally identify at least one waypoint name having coordinates which changed during the import process. GPX files are not shared with the public unless specified.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply