Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] s100 base installation
08-22-18, 05:09 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-18 09:17 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] s100 base installation
I have a st1000 on my boat and have a s100 remote .My question what connection do I have to have for the two to work. The s100 is not installed as of yet, any help would be grate . Thank you D Pelkey
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-23-18, 01:05 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-18 09:38 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] s100 base installation
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum D Pelkey,

The wireless autopilot base stations which are designed for use with the S100 and SmartController Wireless Autopilot Controllers feature a SeaTalk communications interface. The base station's SeaTalk terminals should be interfaced to the corresponding SeaTalk, +12V, and 0V terminals of the ST1000.
09-06-18, 09:54 AM (This post was last modified: 09-10-18 09:12 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: s100 base installation
So I need a female Seatalk plug with bare wire to allow the remote base station to be wired directly to the ST1000 plug?

Another question is about the base. Can this be mounted inside the boat and how far will it extend? I have a Corsair Sprint 750 sailboat, the having the base unit in the cabin will assure that it stays dry. Please advise.
09-10-18, 09:37 AM
RE: [CA11] s100 base installation
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum spesce,

The plugs will need to be removed from a standard SeaTalk Cable to expose the cable's power (red), data (yellow), and ground (shield) leads. These leads will be interfaced to the corresponding terminals of the wireless base station and the ST1000's bulkhead power/data socket.

The S100 and SmartController Wireless Autopilot Remote Controls are designed to provide operation up to 30' from the base station. Range may vary based upon the RF attenuation of any materials between the base station and S100 or SmartController Wireless Autopilot Remote Controls. The S100 and SmartController Wireless Autopilot Remote Controls both feature signal strength indicators to assist in identifying whether the proposed installation location for the base station will permit sufficient signal strength to be received by the autopilot remote controls.