Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Updating instruments
08-23-18, 04:19 PM (This post was last modified: 08-24-18 12:50 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Question [CA11] Updating instruments
Last year I added an EVO wheel pilot, Axiom 7 MFD, and SeatalkNG system to my year 2000 sailboat. The old ST60 wind, depth, and speed instruments were connected with a seatalk 1-STng converter and worked well until a week ago, when the wind instrument went crazy. I would like to upgrade the Speed, depth and wind instruments using your i50/i60 systems package #E70153 and have some questions:
1. Will the new depth and speed sensors fit in the old openings?
2. Does this system require the iTC-5 connector
3. Is there an i70 based system that makes more sense?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-24-18, 01:02 PM (This post was last modified: 08-24-18 01:03 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Updating instruments
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Chuck,

Q1. Will the new depth and speed sensors fit in the old openings?
A1. Yes

Q2. Does this system require the iTC-5 connector
A2. No

Q3. Is there an i70 based system that makes more sense?
A3. Should one desire three separate displays, then the package which you have identified will provide the same information and performance which your ST60 instruments had provided. The i70S w/iTC-5 would have the advantage of supporting multipoint speed through water calibration and is capable of displaying other data available within the system rather than being restricted to depth speed and wind data. While the screen of a single i70S MFID may be divided to simultaneously display the same data items, most would prefer separate displays. Raymarine does not offer a package which includes three i70S MFIDs nor does it offer i70 packs which exclude transducers, necessitating that i70S MFIDs and iTC-5 be separately purchased should one desire three separate i70S MFIDs. While the choice is subjective, I prefer the flexibility of the i70S MFIDs.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply