Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] E80 issue
08-26-18, 07:57 PM (This post was last modified: 08-27-18 02:22 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] E80 issue
I have a strange issue with my E80’s. Both the master and slave unit work great until I get about 30 miles offshore, then the slave which is set as my fish finder shuts off and reboots, then says no data, and continues to reboot itself, after a while the master starts to reboot it’s self as well, but does give you your position.I did the software upgrade to the 5.69 revision, but still does it. Once I come back and get within in 10 miles of shore it goes back to working as normal. This has happened serveral times. Can anyone give me some direction please.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-27-18, 02:31 PM
RE: [CA11] E80 issue
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Seacruz,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. I must honestly say that I haven't heard of the system being reported in quite the same manner which you have reported. Given the symptoms, the following two additional things come to mind:

- a problem with a DSM30 or DSM300 fishfinder sounder module which has been interfaced to the system ... after the problem occurs, unplug the DSM's power cable or its SeaTalkhs cable and then test the system. Should the problem abate, then please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

- a problem with a chartlet(s) of the Navionics chart card ... after the problem occurs, eject the chart card and then test the system. Should the problem persist, then it is recommended that the chart card's contents be updated with Freshest Data updates or that it be replaced.
08-28-18, 08:00 AM
I have the CP370 module,
08-28-18, 08:09 AM
Seacruz,

I would recommend initially performing the two tests specified within my prior response. Should the fault not be isolated to the sounder module (CP370) or Navionics cartography, then the recommendations specified within the previously referenced FAQ should be undertaken to fault isolate and correct the reported issue.