Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] ITC 5 Zero Speed (SOW) data
08-27-18, 08:02 AM (This post was last modified: 08-27-18 09:45 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] ITC 5 Zero Speed (SOW) data
I've installed a new Depth/ Speed/ Temp transducer with an ITC-5 converter with an I70s display.
I am experiencing problems to read speed. The display shows cero value (not dashes) so I understand that it recognize the transducer.
Depth and temperature are correctly read.
I tried unplugging and plugging ITC-5 during sailing and a speed reading appeared. It wasn't accurate. I assume this was because I didn´t synchronize with SOG.
On the next test, spead reading didn't appear.
I give you a description of all the instruments I have installed.
Autopilot ACU 200 with tiller Type100
Wind and Depth/ Speed/ Temp transducers with ITC-5
Seatalk1 to Seatalk NG converter
Autohelm Navcenter
MFD A97
RMK 10
I70s display
P70 display
Connection description.
D/S/T transducer connected to ITC-5
EV sensor connected to ITC-5 (via A06038,A06028,A06031,A06034)
Acu 200 connected to independent power and via A06039 to Seatalk1 to Seatalk NG converter.
Seatalk1 to Seatalk NG connected to 12v and via ST1 adaptor cable to Autohelm Navcenter.
To Seatalk1 to Seatalk NG connectors Backbone ports I connect 1 backbone cable from ITC-5 converter and 1 backbone cable that goes to stern where I have a 5 way connector to where I connect MFD A97, I70s and P70.
MFD A97 and RMK10 are connected via RayNet Network cable and have there own 12v supply.

Can you tell me what can I continue trying to solve the problem?
Best regards.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-27-18, 09:59 AM (This post was last modified: 08-27-18 09:59 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] ITC 5 Zero Speed (SOW) data
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Francisco,

Please note that the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter has not been designed and tested for use with the Autohelm NavCenter. It is accordingly recommended that it be disconnected from the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter.

Has a fishfinder transducer been interfaced to the a97 MFD's fishfinder transducer socket? If so, which model of fishfinder transducer has been selected from within the Settings of the Fishfinder application?

IIt is recommended that you ensure that the a97, iTC-5, i70S MFID, p70, EV-1 CCU, and ACU have been updated with the latest available Raymarine product software updates. It is also recommended that the DST800's speed transducer be tested to ensure that it's speed sensor has not been fouled and is operational. If found to be operational, please verify that you have spun the transducer's paddlewheel and determined that the iTC-5's Speed LED is no longer flashing, is green, and is constantly illuminated. If so, then the transducer should be inserted back into its housing and the boat should then be operated at speed and it should be calibrated such that speed will be set to SOG at five different speeds at which the vessel is typically operated.

Should the problem persist, then please indicate your results after having ensured that the item's listed above have been addressed.
08-28-18, 09:12 AM
Hi Chuck, I still do not installed the anemometer.
At this point I see all the info (Course, depth, SOG, water temp) in my MFD a97 and in the I70s. Also this info is shown in the Autohelm Navcenter.
The only data that is not show is water speed.

All instruments have been bought at the same time. You still recommend to update the software?

If I understand correctly, I should not be using the Autohelm Navcenter with the Seatalk - Seatalkng converter ... even though Autohelm uses Seatalk?

I sent you a diagram of my installation ... should I connect the ITC 5 to 12v or as it is it's ok?

Thank you very much
Francisco
08-28-18, 09:47 AM
Francisco,

As indicated within my initial response, it is recommended that the DST800's paddlewheel be tested and that the iTC-5 Speed LED be inspected while spinning the paddlewheel.

Q1. All instruments have been bought at the same time. You still recommend to update the software?
A1. Yes. In most cases, products will have been programmed with the latest available software when the product was manufactured. Date of purchase is no guarantee of having compatible software or the latest available software.

Q2. If I understand correctly, I should not be using the Autohelm Navcenter with the Seatalk - Seatalkng converter ... even though Autohelm uses Seatalk?
A2. The SeaTalk communications messaging evolved over time, with two distinct changes. These changes were coincident with the changeover from Raytheon to Raymarine. Products having black rather than gray cases will typically support the older version of SeaTalk. It is not recommended that one use the black cased products with the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter, as Raymarine has not tested the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter.

Q3. I sent you a diagram of my installation ... should I connect the ITC 5 to 12v or as it is it's ok?
A3. The iTC-5 is designed to be powered by the SeaTalkng backbone. As your backbone already includes 12V power insertion point, no other power insertions should be installed.