Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Voyage Planner and Importing Tracks
08-27-18, 08:50 AM (This post was last modified: 08-27-18 09:40 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Voyage Planner and Importing Tracks
I imported tracks via .gpx file from my e7 multi-function units, but the tracks are not displaying in Voyage Planner. In addition, I get the error on the attached snap when I try to change display line. Any ideas?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-27-18, 09:42 AM
RE: [CA11] Voyage Planner and Importing Tracks
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Bill,

Please indicate whether the computer on which Voyage Planner has been installed is a business PC or is your own, where you are also the PC's administrator. If the situation is the latter, it would be recommended that Voyage Planner be closed and then re-started. Should the problem persist thereafter when attempting to view your track, then please attach your GPX file to this thread for further analysis.
08-27-18, 05:47 PM (This post was last modified: 08-28-18 10:03 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Yes, it is my own and I have Admin rights. Here is the file.

Thx,

Attached File(s)
.gpx  History-20180826.gpx (Size: 685.39 KB / Downloads: 362)
08-28-18, 09:04 AM (This post was last modified: 08-28-18 09:05 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Bill,

I too encountered the same error when attempting to show / change your track's line characteristics. As it appears that you are correctly attempting to interact with the track via Voyage Planner and the exception is being raised, it will be necessary to seek further support from the developer of Voyage Planner. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to seek additional support in conjunction with such errors raised by Voyage Planner.
08-28-18, 09:59 AM (This post was last modified: 08-28-18 10:02 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks, Chuck, can you reattach my file so I can forward to the Support Team?
08-28-18, 10:04 AM
Bill,

You're welcome and see your earlier post for your GPX file.
08-29-18, 08:58 AM (This post was last modified: 08-29-18 09:09 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Update from Raymarine which worked"

"With regards to the track not showing, an easy workaround is (once the file is imported) to Export it as a "Raymarine MFD Extension GPX" then to reimport that NEW file."

"With regards to the error when editing route properties, unfortunately it is a known and permanently unresolved coding issue that causes the software to fatally halt. There is no fix, only a work-around: leave the route editing to be done on the chart plotter (where it is generally easy to do) and the next time the data is imported into the software, the change to the route's line style and color will be preserved."

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

08-29-18, 09:11 AM
Bill,

Thanks for the update and sharing the workaround. As the problem involved a track rather than a route, it appears that the Voyage Planner software defect not only affects tracks, but routes as well.