Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Questions on a New Configuration
08-16-18, 01:44 PM (This post was last modified: 08-31-18 12:29 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Questions on a New Configuration
I have a question regarding the replacement of two Classic E screens with newer technology. I am comparing eS series vs. Axiom. First, is my 48" open array RA1048D compatible with either MFD? I know that my Sirius XM SR-100 is only compatible with the eS screens.
I also have a DSM300 sounder module. Can this be used with either screen or should I be replacing that anyways? I also plan to update the ST-7001 autopilot with the Evolution unit.
Thank you for the input. I am preparing to update my ten year old system (which has been very reliable) with newer technology.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-31-18, 12:40 PM
RE: [CA11] Questions on a New Configuration
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum JP460,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing replacement of E-Series Classic MFDs with Axiom MFDs.

Q1. First, is my 48" open array RA1048D compatible with either MFD?
A1. The RA1048D is compatible with any model of MFD which is running LightHouse II software (a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD) or LightHouse 3 software (Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs and eS/gS-Series MFDs).

Q2. I know that my Sirius XM SR-100 is only compatible with the eS screens.
A2. To be more precise, the SR100 is only compatible with MFDs running LightHouse II software. Should the eS-Series MFD be updated with LightHouse 3 software, then the eS-Series MFD would not be compatible with the SR100.

Q3. I also have a DSM300 sounder module. Can this be used with either screen or should I be replacing that anyways?
A3. The DSM30/300 is only compatible with MFDs running LightHouse II software. Should the eS-Series MFD be updated with LightHouse 3 software, then the eS-Series MFD would not be compatible with the DSM30/300.

Q4. I also plan to update the ST-7001 autopilot with the Evolution unit.
A4. Of the currently installed autopilot components, the actuator and rudder reference transducer may be retained for use with the Evolution Autopilot. If supplied with the model of actuator which is installed onboard the vessel and whether the vessel features a 12 or 24V power distribution system, then it may be possible to specify which Evolution Autopilot Corepack should be purchased.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply