Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] L365 LOSS OF DISPLAY
08-29-18, 03:46 PM (This post was last modified: 08-30-18 12:37 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] L365 LOSS OF DISPLAY
I have a Raytheon L365 fish/depth finder and I accidentally hooked one of my boat batteries up backwards.

After I did this, the display on my L365 only shows vertically lines scrolling by and no digits or text can be seen.

I checked and replaced all of the fuses and the unit (except the display) seems to be operational as I can still hear the alarm when I enter shallow water.

Everything else on the boat seems to be operating fine after I replaced a main fuse.

Did I damage the unit to the point that it needs to be replaced or is there a solution to this issue?

Thanks in advance for any assistance/suggestions.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-30-18, 12:36 PM (This post was last modified: 08-30-18 12:37 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] L365 LOSS OF DISPLAY
captainjtime,

It would indeed appear that the fishfinder has failed. As Raymarine can no longer provide service for this retired product, it would need to be replaced. This class of fishfinders would typically be replaced with a Dragonfly fishfinder.
08-30-18, 05:32 PM
Thanks Chuck,

Do any of the Dragonfly units have the same connections as the L365 so I can use the existing wiring/transducer?
08-31-18, 09:16 AM
captainjtime,

Unfortunately, not. The currently installed power cable and transducer cannot be used with a Dragonfly fishfinder. Raymarine offers transom mounted and thru-hull Dragonfly transducers.
09-25-18, 03:44 AM
Thanks again Chuck

Looks like I'll be purchasing a new unit - I appreciate the assistance

Captainjtime (Fort Schuyler '96)
09-25-18, 07:52 AM (This post was last modified: 09-25-18 07:53 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
You're welcome. Go Maritime! Go Privateers!