Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] E7D Display vs RayView
08-29-18, 11:58 PM (This post was last modified: 08-30-18 10:32 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] E7D Display vs RayView
I started having a problem with my E7D display out of the blue. It has been working great for a along time and now the colors are separated making it very difficult to read. When I access the MFD via RayView on my iPad, the data is perfect. Does this mean the lcd screen needs replacement? Or is there another potential solution!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-30-18, 10:49 AM (This post was last modified: 08-30-18 10:50 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] E7D Display vs RayView
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jghflash,

While it is possible that the reported symptom may be indicative of a screen failure, it may also be indicative of something more benign, such as a loose cable within the MFD or possibly noise within the electrical system. Should the problem be duplicated when engine(s), inverters, and other electrical equipment onboard was switched OFF, then it would be recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
08-31-18, 07:21 AM (This post was last modified: 08-31-18 08:41 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks, Chuck. It seems that the problem (I tried to post photos but they didn’t load into the message) occurs when the unit is turned on. It doesn’t matter if everything is on, the engine is on or only the MFD is on. The screen stays the same, with separated colors and very hard to read, and the mirror view onto the RayView app on the iPad is perfect.
08-31-18, 08:43 AM
Jghflash,

Per my initial response, should the problem be duplicated when engine(s), inverters, and other electrical equipment onboard was switched OFF, then it would be recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
08-31-18, 04:34 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-18 12:40 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck, it definitely does not matter what is on or off, electronics, inverter, fans, engine, etc. etc., nothing changes. I will get it to Raymarine to see what can be done. Thank you!

Gordon
09-05-18, 12:41 PM
You're welcome.