Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom Navionics and Sonarcharts selected
08-31-18, 08:11 AM (This post was last modified: 08-31-18 09:34 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom Navionics and Sonarcharts selected
When I go to settings on my new Axiom 7 with Lighthouse 3 and a new Navionics card I get both Navionics and Sonarcharts selected. On my old a65 I get one or the other not both. The Axiom will not allow me to deselect one, its both or none. The display shows the regular Navionics data even though I have downloaded the latest Sonarcharts for this area.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-31-18, 10:00 AM
RE: [CA11] Axiom Navionics and Sonarcharts selected
okbayou,

Unlike LightHouse II software, selection of whether Nautical Charts or SonarCharts will be viewed within the Chart application is not achieved via the Chart Selection feature.
While depth contours will be visible when viewing the Navionics Nautical Charts (MENU->DETAILED or MENU->SIMPLE), the depth contour interval will be significantly lower when viewing Navionics SonarCharts, where a significantly greater number of depth contours will be visible. To maximize the number of depth contours visible when viewing Navionics Nautical Charts, the following settings should be used:
- MENU->LAYERS->CHART DETAIL->MEDIUM/HIGH
- MENU->LAYERS->EASY VIEW->OFF
- MENU->SETTINGS->DEPTHS->SHOW CONTOURS->ALL

Should this not permit sufficient depth contours to be shown within the displayed Navionics Nautical Charts, then the Chart application pane may be configured to display Navionics SonarCharts (MENU->FISHING).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply