Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG] Evolution wheel pilot clutch releasing
09-04-18, 06:45 AM (This post was last modified: 09-05-18 10:22 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG] Evolution wheel pilot clutch releasing
The clutch arm on my wheel pilot kept releasing when in use. I tried to tighten the clutch and if I tightened it at all, the clutch was impeding the wheel from turning when released and it did not keep the clutch from releasing. However, when I reset the clutch and tightened the bolt on the clutch arm, it seemed to fix the problem. Does that make sense?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-05-18, 10:25 AM
RE: [DG] Evolution wheel pilot clutch releasing
Hi daknecht

I suspect this is related to your other post, if the rollers that are activated by the belt tension eccentric and the clutch lever are seized, or stiff, then they will drag on the belt and as the wheel rotates in one direction the clutch roller will not turn and so the eccentric will not 'roll' off and release the belt tension - as if the clutch were disengaged.

Dismantle the drive and remove and clean the two rollers, lightly grease and ensure they are free to turn.
Reassemble the drive and check the drive turns smoothly and the clutch engages and disengages smoothly.

Regards
Derek
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply