Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DM] [DM11] Es75 mfd randomly reboots
09-05-18, 11:22 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-18 03:46 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DM11] Es75 mfd randomly reboots
Hi, my es75 mfd recently started to randomly reboot. It goes dark momentarily then it goes to its initial screen (lighthouse screen), then comes back to the screen it started rebooting from. 12 volt is supplied to mfd via the same power cable as to my other instruments (wind, depth, speed and autopilot). When mfd reboots all other instruments continue to work, so I guess it’s not a power supply issue. The screen when I have to press "I agree" button after lighthouse initial screen (the usual procedure after initial start up) is omitted when mfd does it’s sudden reboot. It does that in different places at different times. What could be the problem?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-06-18, 08:48 AM (This post was last modified: 09-10-18 03:47 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [DM11] Es75 mfd randomly reboots
Hi Art,

What you have described, especially if this is occurring in all different modes, is the applications crashing on the display. When you open an application(e.g., radar, fishfinder, weather, etc.) and after a period of time the display appears to reboot and brings you back to the same application, this generally means the display is having a processing problem and the application crashed. My suggestion is to send the display into our repair facility to be evaluated. You can fill out a repair request here: Repair, Warranty and Returns

- Dave
09-06-18, 09:59 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-18 03:47 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Is this kind of problem covered by extended 3 years warranty?
09-10-18, 09:10 AM (This post was last modified: 09-10-18 03:47 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Art20c,

Should the problem be determined to have not been caused by physical damage, improper installation, lightning, etc., then the repair would indeed typically be covered by warranty.