Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] eS98 and Lighthouse 3
09-07-18, 09:09 AM (This post was last modified: 09-12-18 02:15 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] eS98 and Lighthouse 3
I recently (last few weeks) installed the newest Lighthouse 3 software for my eS98 -- switching from Lighthouse 2. I've not had a lot of sailing time available since the installation. We have Navionics charts installed and had no problems with Lighthouse 2.

I like the interface -- still getting used to it, but with an upcoming coastal trip outside the Golden Gate I'm concerned about the performance of the combination and considering going back to Lighthouse 2.

I'm seeing what seems like very slow screen refreshing. Zooming in or out I see blurry and partial displays that seem to take longer than is appropriate.

My first concern yesterday is shown in the photo ending in 1722. The right side has a lighter display area than the left. This isn't the mfd, as it is chart related. It reminds me of the display I see in a free navigation software program that is slower in knitting areas of a chart together.

The file that ends in 5241 shows clear AIS targets but the display is blurred. It was like this for a long time.

All photos were like you see, or sometimes worse, for at least the time it took to get concerned, dig my phone out of my pocket, and then take the photo.

Perhaps some setting I have wrong, but I do need to get it taken care of by mid-week next week.

Thanks,
Robert
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-11-18, 04:13 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-18 02:15 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] eS98 and Lighthouse 3
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum

Q1. My first concern yesterday is shown in the photo ending in 1722. The right side has a lighter display area than the left. This isn't the mfd, as it is chart related. It reminds me of the display I see in a free navigation software program that is slower in knitting areas of a chart together.
A1. This not a feature caused by LH3, rather it is indicative of an incomplete Navionics chart update/synch. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Q2. The file that ends in 5241 shows clear AIS targets but the display is blurred. It was like this for a long time.
A2. The problem may be due to running LightHouse 3 v3.5.xx or earlier software.
Please ensure that the MFD has been updated with LightHouse 3 v3.6.32 or later software. Please ensure that the Navionics charts have been selected within each chart application page/pane within the system. Finally, please ensure that the Navionics chart card has been updated with Freshest Data updates using a PC and that the Chart synch feature within the Navionics Boating app (if installed on your mobile device) has been configured OFF.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply