Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom Heading Vector
09-09-18, 08:55 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-18 02:01 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom Heading Vector
I have an Axiom 12 and added an EV1 to my system today. Intialized the EV1 and their was a software update that was completed. I took the boat out and after operating the boat around the lake for about an hour I received a notification on the MFD that the EV1 has been calibrated. My issue is I still cannot get the heading vector to come on. COG vector is working. I hold the ship icon and the heading box is checked. I have tried unchecking and rechecking the box. What am I missing? All systems have most recent software updates. My system Axiom 12, Quantum 2, EV1, and using a Garmin NMEA 2000 external GPS reciever. My previous MFD was a Garmin, so I just left that receiver. Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-18, 02:15 PM
RE: [CA11] Axiom Heading Vector
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum TXSEARAY,

When such situations occur, the issue is typically caused by one of the following:
- a problem associated with older software ... verify that the system's components have each been updated with the latest available Raymarine product software updates
- the system features more than one MFD and the incorrect MFD has been configured as the system's Data Master MFD ... the MFD which has been interfaced as a spur to the powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone should be designated as the system's Data Master MFD
- the MFD is not receiving heading data ... configure the Data Overlay feature of the Chart application to display the heading data item. If populated, then the MFD is receiving heading data. If the heading data item's value is dashes, then the MFD is not receiving heading data from the autopilot ... check the above listed items and check the physical connections to the autopilot.
- the Speed through water sensor (if so equipped) is not functioning correctly and is causing no speed to be detected ... ... configure the Data Overlay feature of the Chart application to display the Speed (not SOG) data item. If populated, then the MFD is receiving Speed data. If receiving Speed data, ensure that this value increases and is similar in value to SOG when underway. If the Speed data item's value is dashes, then the MFD is not receiving speed data.
- the SOG or Speed through water value received from the GPS sensor or Speed through water sensor is zero or very small. A vector has both magnitude and direction components. A zero or very small SOG / Speed through water value will produce a vector having no length or very short length when configured to show where the vessel will be some time later ... change the Vector Length setting to Infinite.
09-12-18, 04:30 PM (This post was last modified: 09-13-18 07:43 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck,

Thanks for your reply. Went through the list of possibilities. I apparently don’t have a speed through water sensor. Put the vector to infinite and now line appears.
09-13-18, 07:44 AM
You're welcome.
09-26-18, 08:02 AM
Can the heading vector be changed to less than 3 minutes in the Lighthouse operating system?
09-26-18, 09:08 AM (This post was last modified: 09-26-18 09:09 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jeff,

Q. Can the heading vector be changed to less than 3 minutes in the Lighthouse operating system?
A. Yes. The vector length (Reference Period) may be configured to be as short as 10 seconds within the latest version of LightHouse 3 software (v3.6.32 at the time of this response).