Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] EV150 AP Issue
09-10-18, 12:24 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-18 03:46 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] EV150 AP Issue
I am having a problem with my new EV150 AP.

When in choppy seas over 3 feet while on Auto the steering will suddenly steer way off course. It does not happen all the time and it could be good for 10 or 15 minutes and then it goes off course.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-18, 12:53 PM (This post was last modified: 09-13-18 01:02 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] EV150 AP Issue
greenbunch,

What version of software is installed within the autopilot's EV-1 CCU (MENU->SET-UP->DIAGNOSTICS->ABOUT SYSTEM)? What was the maximum deviation detected by the autopilot after having completed the "Detecting Magnetics" phase of sea trialing the autopilot (MENU->SET-UP->DIAGNOSTICS->ABOUT PILOT)? How fast was the vessel moving at the time of the reported issue. What direction were the seas moving when the reported performance was observed (head on seas, following seas, beam seas, seas on the forward quarter, etc.)? Is your marine electronics system equipped to sense speed through water as well as SOG? Have you installed the rudder reference transducer?
09-11-18, 10:06 AM (This post was last modified: 09-11-18 10:17 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Version 2.18 all up to date.
Not sure about max deviation as I did this back in May and am still trying to sort out the many issues.
Speed is set to come from my networked Garmin GPSmap 5212.

Thanks !
09-11-18, 10:27 AM (This post was last modified: 09-11-18 10:36 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
greenbunch,

The autopilot consists of three major components, each having dedicated software. V2.18 is not the latest version of software for any of these components. The command sequence specified within my prior response may be used to determine the software level of the EV-1 CCU, ACU-150 and p70R/p70RS Autopilot Control Head. It would be recommended that the software within your autopilot's components be updated and that the actions specified within the FAQ found here be executed to address the issue specified. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how one may update the software within these components when the system lacks a compatible Raymarine MFD.

Regarding speed, you have not quite addressed the question asked. While the third party chartplotter is certainly supplying the chartplotter with SOG from a GPS source, it may also be producing Speed (through water) from an instrument or fishfinder transducer featuring a paddlewheel. You may determine whether the autopilot is receiving Speed data by configuring the autopilot control head to display the Speed (not SOG) data item and then verifying whether it is being populated with data when the vessel is moving. Any reported Speed value other than dashes would indicate the autopilot is receiving Speed (through water) data from the third party chartplotter.
09-13-18, 12:21 PM (This post was last modified: 09-13-18 12:54 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
No paddlewheels, speed is from SOG from a GPS source.
09-13-18, 01:03 PM (This post was last modified: 09-13-18 01:04 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Greenbunch,

Thanks. You have not responded to the following questions raised within my initial response:
- What was the maximum deviation detected by the autopilot after having completed the "Detecting Magnetics" phase of sea trialing the autopilot (MENU->SET-UP->DIAGNOSTICS->ABOUT PILOT)?
- How fast was the vessel moving at the time of the reported issue?
- Have you installed the rudder reference transducer?
- What direction were the seas moving when the reported performance was observed (head on seas, following seas, beam seas, seas on the forward quarter, etc.)?
09-14-18, 01:09 PM (This post was last modified: 09-14-18 01:53 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I need to update my EV1 from 2.18 to 3.02 software so we will pick this troubleshooting up after that happens.
Cheers
09-14-18, 01:54 PM
Noted.