Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] EV150 issue
09-10-18, 12:28 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-18 12:39 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] EV150 issue
I am having another problem with my new EV150 AP.

Sometimes while on Track mode with a waypoint entered into my Garmin; the AP will continuously display a pop up message. It displays a pop up screen with an arrow and says "Turn to waypoint ?" with YES or NO as the options. I will reply with YES and the pop up will disappear only to pop up again shortly. Usually I just go back to AUTO after a few failed attempts and all is well however I would like the "Track" function to work as it should.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-18, 12:44 PM
RE: [CA11] EV150 issue
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum greenbunch,

When navigation was commanded via the third party GPS/chartplotter, did you command the GPS/chartplotter to Go To Waypoint or did you command the GPS/chartplotter to Follow Route? What version of software is installed within the autopilot's EV-1 CCU (MENU->SET-UP->DIAGNOSTICS->ABOUT PILOT)?
09-11-18, 09:58 AM (This post was last modified: 09-11-18 10:29 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I always use "go to" waypoint with my Garmin GPSmap 5212. All up to date with the EV150 software. The EV-1 has 2.18 V1 L4 software.
09-11-18, 10:30 AM (This post was last modified: 09-11-18 10:34 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Greenbunch,

The autopilot consists of three major components, each having dedicated software. V2.18 is not the latest version of software for any of these components. The command sequence specified within my prior response may be used to determine the software level of the EV-1 CCU, ACU-150 and p70R/p70RS Autopilot Control Head. It would be recommended that the software within your autopilot's components be updated and that the actions specified within the FAQ found here be executed to address the issue specified. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how one may update the software within these components when the system lacks a compatible Raymarine MFD.