Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[CA] [CA11] wifish
09-20-18, 10:53 PM (This post was last modified: 09-21-18 07:56 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] wifish
I bought the e7290 wifish used it for the first time last week and it wouldn't power up . no light 0n the on switch . just dead .does it matter if its on the same battery as a troller or anchor winch? opitimax yellow top battery? the one I used last year worked fine. it was stolen onmemorial day weekend. and I just bought this one on your fathers day sale. fishing on Cowlitz river just started so I didn't try to power it up till last week. I still haven't figured how to return yet either as I bought it on yourwebsite
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-21-18, 08:48 AM
RE: [CA11] wifish
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum cowlitz,

It is generally not recommended that the marine electronics be powered from the same battery used for high current drawing devices such as you have described unless proper isolation is additionally installed. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. It is recommended that the circuity supplying power to the Wi-Fish be inspected from the power leads of the Power/Transducer Cable through any circuit panels/fuses/buss bars to the battery terminals to ensure that all connections are free of corrosion, tight, and support continuity. If so, it is recommended that the Wi-Fish's Power/Transducer Cable be unplugged from the Wi-Fish. The cable's plug should then be tested to ensure that voltage (12VDC) is present. If not, the fusible link within this cable has melted, creating an open circuit. The latter condition can be corrected by either replacing the transducer or by installing and powering a Dragonfly extension cable and plugging the extension into the Wi-Fish's Power/Transducer Cable. Should 12VDC be measured when tested at the Wi-Fish's plug and the new Wi-Fish not be able to be switched ON when it's power button is pressed for a count of five seconds or should the fusable link within the new power/transducer cable be blown, then it would be recommended that the Wi-Fish be replaced by your authorized Raymarine dealer (if purchased within the last 30 days) or sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
09-21-18, 07:41 PM
facing the wifish where are the 12 v pins on the plug? so i can test for 12v.so if i send it in there is no replacement for it? since its doa? i was told it came with a year warranty also.
09-24-18, 11:56 AM (This post was last modified: 09-24-18 11:59 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
cowlitz,

With the face of the Power/Transducer Cable's plug facing toward you and its indexing groove oriented to the twelve o'clock position, the bottom left pin is the plug's power pin and the bottom right pin is the plug's ground pin. 12VDC should be measured across these pins.

If in warranty, the Wi-Fish and/or its Power/Transducer Cable will be replaced by Raymarine's Product Repair Center if bench testing identifies a failure in either one of these two items. The product's purchase documentation will need to be provided. In the absence of such documentation, the serial number will be used to determine the date that the product was sold to the dealer/distributor.
09-24-18, 08:36 PM
thank you for info i will bring my meter home from work tomorrow and test for voltage . is the fuse link on the cable or in the unit? do you know the ohms for the unit on the head through the power input?. i will double check my battery voltage too
09-25-18, 07:56 AM
cowlitz,

The fusible link is within the Power/Transducer Cable. Should no voltage be measured via the pins specified then the Power/Transducer Cable should be sent to the Repair Center per my prior response. Should 12VDC be measured via the pins specified, then the Wi-Fish black box should be sent to Raymarine's Product Repair Center. This is all the diagnostics/fault isolation which one need do or can do at this point.
09-28-18, 06:41 PM
i was able to diagnose it. in the cable there is no voltage . im sending all but the brackets back as i dont want holes in the boat . i dont know how long the turn around is probably wont matter as salmon fishing is slowing down now. im not certain with the return process as i logged in to create a fed ex form. i didnt talk to anyone . so i hope they will be able to figure out who is sending it in. im sending it to 9 townsend west nashua nh 03063 i put my original recept in box. thanks for the help jimmy
09-30-18, 04:14 AM
Jimmy,

Should you have printed out the form, then it should have included your name and/or the product's serial number. If registered via Raymarine's website, your product's serial number will be associated with any information entered as part of the registration process. The address which you shipped it to is indeed correct.