Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] Rc70c seatalkng integration
10-10-18, 11:52 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-18 11:46 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] Rc70c seatalkng integration
Hi. I'm trying to integrate 2x rc70c plus displays, both with chart capabilities (one as an hsb2 repeater), with a 2kw pathfinder radome, an st4000plus autohelm control head, a pre-Raytheon autohelm 2000 tiller linear drive, and rs150 GPS antenna, using a seatalk 1 to seatalkng converter. I'll be adding i70 wind depth and speed at a later point.

I have a couple of questions:

1. I get that the seatalk 1 bus (therefore the st4000plus control head) needs to be disconnected from its power source, and powered via the seatalkng bus, but what about the rc70c displays (and, in effect, the radome too)? Do they each still need their own separate 12v power supply, (as they don't seem to work off the seatalk 1 power supply to the autohelm control head, anyway....).

2. There are no manuals on line for the autohelm 2000. What are the critical dimensions for this tiller linear drive? a) tiller pivot centre to tiller pin, and b) tiller drive mounting socket to tiller pin?

Many thanks

Ryan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-18, 08:34 AM
RE: [DG11] Rc70c seatalkng integration
Hi Ryan,
Thank you for your enquiry, I hope that we can help you . . .

The firts point to be clear on is that the SeaTalk and the STng networks need to be kept seperate, and only bridged in one place through the SeaTalk to STng converter.

This means that the RL70C displays and the ST4000 must be connected through SeaTalk, and then the RS150 nad the i70s must be connected on STng. The converter is then used to connect the SeaTalk to the STng.

Note that when connecting the Seatalk to the STng converter, the red core of the SeaTalk bus, ( it has red, yellow and shield wires in use) must be cut and insulated) This ensures that the Power from the SeaTalk netowrk does not bleed into the STng network. SeaTalk is powered via the ST4000 control unit, which - like the RL70cs all MUST have their own power supplies. The ST4000 Cannot take it's power from SeaTalk, it need splenty of current, whereas SeaTalk can take its power from the ST4000.
The RL70cs MUST have their own independent power supplies too.

The STng converter needs its own power supply and this then also powers the STng backbone, the STng backbone powers the RS150 GPS antenna and the i70 instrument displays.

The installation information for the tiller drive, can be found in the EV100 Tiller handbook, see this link here

regards
Derek
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply