Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Type 2 linear drive
09-26-18, 03:57 AM (This post was last modified: 09-26-18 02:21 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Type 2 linear drive
How do I remove the drive sprocket from the motor.
I have read the is secured by 601 bearing retainer, the removal of that requires heat
Which I'm reluctant to use due to the risk to the motor.
Looking forward to your response,
Cheers
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-27-18, 01:23 AM
RE: [TG11] Type 2 linear drive
Hello,

I wouldn't attempt to do that, personally. I wouldn't expect to be able to do so without damage. It's not something we do in service here in Australia. I would expect that if the sprocket is worn then the motor is too.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
09-28-18, 04:54 AM (This post was last modified: 09-28-18 10:06 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I'm suprised that a raymarine service centre can't remove a plastic drive sprocket
From a motor. Especially when its included in a service package.
10-03-18, 11:57 PM
Hello,

The motors are supplied sprocket-attached from the motor manufacturer. The sprocket is designed to last for the life of the motor, it's not intended as an individually-replaceable part, and I don't recall an occasion when we have received a linear drive into this office where the motor was good but the sprocket was not. It may be that we could remove the sprocket, but as I say, here in Australia we don't, largely because we've not come across a need to do so. Sorry I can't help you with any advice on that.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
10-04-18, 07:18 AM
Hi Tom thanks for your reply. Ultimately it proved to be an easy task for what ever reason the sprocket eased of the spline with a pair of screwdrivers. The reason the sprocket was worn was due to one retaining screw had come adrift from the motor loosening the belt and causing limited but constant slipping. So new belt and new sprocket all retained with the correct goops and tested all working well
Cheers Ian
10-05-18, 01:13 AM
Ok, that's good to hear, thanks Ian.
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.