Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Laptop for Boat
10-01-18, 08:23 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-18 09:45 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Laptop for Boat
I am shopping for a new laptop and I would like to ensure it functions well for maintaining my Raymarine equipped boat (A75 MFD, Autopilot, AIS650, Ray50) My dealer did not program our AIS and I have to do this so I understand Apple OS is not recommended but do the Raymarine Applications and firmware updates operate off computers that run Windows 10S (ie the Microsoft Surface Go)?

Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-18, 09:45 AM
RE: [CA11] Laptop for Boat
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum thebarold,

The ProAIS2 program is supported for use with Apple computers. It is also supported for use with PCs. However, we have recently received reports that user interface for the ProAIS2 software is not fully rendering on the Microsoft Surface and it is accordingly not recommended that this platform be used until such time as a version of ProAIS2 software has been released to support this platform.
10-03-18, 09:47 AM (This post was last modified: 10-03-18 10:27 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks for the reply. I wasn't aware that MacOS is supported - perhaps they could update the information on the download instructions page to reflect.

http://www.raymarine.com/display/?id=5768

Updating via a Windows PC
Note: this will not change any User/Vessel details inside the AIS650, MMSI, Vessel Type.

Applying the Software Updater Requirements:

Windows PC (Apple OSX is not currently supported)
USB connection to Mini USB port on AIS
AIS650 sw version 1.15 Updater package
10-03-18, 10:29 AM
You're welcome and noted. Contrary to the specified information, only the MMSI field of the ProAIS software is blocked from modification.
10-03-18, 01:59 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-18 02:47 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
If the MMSI was not originally set can i set it with the ProAIS2 Software? That is one of the things I will need this laptop to do.
10-03-18, 02:52 PM
thebarold,

Please note that the FCC restricts MMSI entry / erasure to FCC licensed technicians, professional marine electronics installers, and marine electronics dealers. What country is the boat registered in?
10-04-18, 09:00 AM (This post was last modified: 10-04-18 09:38 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
My boat and I are located in Canada, however my dealer is mainly US based, with a sales office here.
10-04-18, 09:42 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-18 09:03 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
thebarold,

Please see the PM sent to you.