Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[CA] [CA11] Drive motor size?
01-22-19, 09:58 AM (This post was last modified: 01-22-19 03:39 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Drive motor size?
I have a 1992 30' Grady White Marlin with twin Yam 225 4 strokes. Their steering rams are in parallel with a total 16.3 cubic inches.
I want to install a new EV-200 AP with a Type 1 drive motor. The drive motor max rating is 14 cubic inches.
I typically operate less than 30 kts and in moderate seas.

How will this EV-200 system perform with my configuration?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-22-19, 03:50 PM
RE: [CA11] Drive motor size?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum SEAPOS,

For the benefit of others who may be viewing this thread, steering rams may be plumbed in series or in parallel. When the steering rams are plumbed in series, the cubic capacity of fluid to be moved by an autopilot pump will be equal to one half of the total capacity of the two steering rams of a steering system with twin outboards. When the steering rams are plumbed in parallel, the cubic capacity of fluid to be moved by an autopilot pump will be equal to the total capacity of the two steering rams of a steering system with twin outboards. The EV-200 is not recommended for this boat's application. As this system features steering rams which have been plumbed in parallel and the autopilot pump will be moving a total of 16.3 cubic inches of hydraulic fluid, a Type 2 Hydraulic Pump and therefore an ACU-400 must be installed. Accordingly, it would be recommended that an EV-400 Power and Type 2 Hydraulic Pump be installed on this boat.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply