Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG] smartpilot s3
10-12-18, 01:24 PM
RE: [DG] smartpilot s3
(10-11-18 01:37 PM)angel3890 Wrote:  What are your settings now?

settings? i am not shor what you mean
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-18, 08:48 AM
Hi Angel3890, please can you clarify what information you require?
Thanks
Derek
10-17-18, 05:40 PM (This post was last modified: 10-18-18 06:15 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi

Thanks again for the info

Is it posable to test the whole system before i fit it to my boat ? i want to connect it all together on my bench and try and do a series of tests ? Can you point me in the right direction?
Thanks again Derek.
10-18-18, 06:19 AM
Hi Ricardomann,

It is possible to wire the network together on a bench, just be aware that testing an autopilot on a bench will be difficult, because it is a dynamic system and the bench clearly does not move! Hence you cannot test the compass linearisation, operation of tracking or course changes.

Remember also that you will need external access for the GPS so that it can receive full GPS data from the satellites.

regards

Derek
10-23-18, 01:17 PM (This post was last modified: 10-23-18 01:32 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Derek
How do i cut the pawer to the converter E22158 from my smart pilot ?
or am i getting this wrong? can you show a diagram of axiom connected to smart pilot Thanks Rick
10-24-18, 06:36 AM (This post was last modified: 10-24-18 06:37 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi ricardomann,

the Spu cable used to connect the E22158 converter to the SeaTalk network needs to have the red 12v core cut and isolated.
The picture below shows the modification, which for safety should then be covered in heatshrink sleeving.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2385]

this will prevent power from the SeaTalk network powering the converter and the converter will then only take it's power from STng.

regards
Derek

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

01-16-19, 06:15 PM (This post was last modified: 01-17-19 10:07 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi can you help with connecting solenoid manifold ?
i want to trigger 2 separate solenoids per side . One for a diverter valve
and one for port or star depending on witch ever one is activated from the pilot

the diverter is to switch the hydraulic circuits from the helm to steering manifold, the manifold has 3 solenoids 1 diverter valve . 1 port valve . and 1 starboard vale .

I hope my explanation is clear ?
thanks
Ricardo
01-18-19, 07:37 AM
Hi Ricardomann,

Thank you for your feedback.

Generally, the diverter valve is energised as soon as the Autopilot is set to AUTO, then the ACU 300 operates the port and Starboard valves independently. Once STANDBY is selected the diverter opens and the normal manual steering is restored.

The diverter valve is usually operated by the BYPASS connection on the ACU300,so you should check the spec of all the solenoids to make sure that they all conform to the specification in the ACU300 manual.
Regards
Derek
01-18-19, 08:56 AM (This post was last modified: 01-18-19 09:03 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
thanks for reply
acu300 ? i have smart pilot
01-21-19, 06:49 AM
Hi Ricardomann

Generally Smartpilots are not used to operate solenoid controlled steering systems - the ACU300 is the correct current autopilot to operate a steering system with Solenoids, see this FAQ here

If the Smartpilot you have has connections for Steering solenoids, then it will also have a bypass valve conenctor too - like the ACU 300 and the comments in my previous post still stands.

If the Smartpilot you have does not have solenoid connections, what was it connected to previously?

regards

Derek