Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] Axiom 9 NMEA2K Engine data limits & ranges
10-05-18, 04:56 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-18 09:34 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] Axiom 9 NMEA2K Engine data limits & ranges
Hello,

I try to find an overview of all the engine data which the Axiom 9 can display through NMEA2k.

I programmed & build an engine gateway which translates all the analog engine data like coolant temperature, fuel tank level, fuel rate and so on into NMEA2K sentences.

That is working like a charm but I faced some issues regarding limits and ranges of these data.

For example, the coolant temperature has to be sent to the Axiom 9 in Kelvin. What is the range the Axiom is accepting? Analog gauges have a range from 40 - 150 C degrees for example. So the analog value I get from the sensors have to be mapped to the range the MFD can display.

Do exist an overview about the Lighthouse 3 software where all the specifications are written down or is it possible to sees these things on the display itself?

It is almost impossible to guess these ranges and I couldn't find any definitions in the documentation of the Axiom or Lighthouse software.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-08-18, 09:08 AM
RE: [DG11] Axiom 9 NMEA2K Engine data limits & ranges
Hi lin4fun

Thankyou for your enquiry.

This information is not freely available so I will refer to our engineering team.
regards
Derek
10-08-18, 09:37 AM
RE: [DG11] Axiom 9 NMEA2K Engine data limits & ranges
Hi lin4fun

Further to your enquiry, I am advised that all the questions you have asked are answered in the NMEA 2000 specification, which is licensed and we are unable to reproduce this information.

We recommend that you contact NMEA directly to source this data.

Regards
Derek