Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Legacy MFD Engine Data Connection
10-05-18, 11:40 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-18 02:06 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Legacy MFD Engine Data Connection
I've recently bought a 2007 26' sport fisher that is equipped with Raymarine electronics (radar, gps, sounder, and MFD) and a Yamaha 250 4 stroke. Engine data is currently connected to digital displays via a Yamaha Command Link. The E120 MFD is set up with pages for engine data and I'd like to make the connection. I think I understand the requirements but I'm a not sure about my final connection to the MFD. Here's my plan:
- The Yamaha Command Link does have an open device port for transferring data to another device.
- Purchase and install the Yamaha version of the Raymarine ECI-100
- Purchase and install Yamaha Link Cable (Raymarine Part Number: E70242) between the Command Link and the ECI-100

My request for support is the proper way to connect the ECI-100 to the MFD. I have an open SeaTalk 2 port on the back of the MFD. The GPS is connected to the SeaTalk 1 port. The sounder is connected to the Highspeed port. Can I connect the ECI-100 to the SeaTalk2 port? Will this interfere with any of the other connected devices? Alternatively should I join up the ECI-100 output with the GPS 3 wire connection to the SeaTalk 1 port? I appreciate any advice/experience the forum can offer. Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-05-18, 02:20 PM
RE: [CA11] Legacy MFD Engine Data Connection
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum glovernw,

The ECI-100 should be interfaced to the available port in the Yamaha Command Link network in the manner specified within the documentation found here. A simple SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone will need to be constructed for the marine electronics side of the ECI-100. The ECI-100 will be connected to one of the backbone's spur sockets via an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable. The SeaTalk2/NMEA 2000 socket of the E-Series Classic MFD will be interfaced to the remaining spur socket via an A06061 SeaTalkng Spur to E-Series Classic MFD Adapter Cable.
10-06-18, 12:19 PM
Thanks Chuck...I believe I've got it now and will post a conclusion for others who may be interested in making the same type of integration on their vessel.
10-16-18, 05:41 PM (This post was last modified: 10-17-18 07:51 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Just wanting to provide a final report on this networking discussion. Everything worked as planned and the Yamaha 250 is now integrated with our E120 Classic MFD. Happy to provide additional information if anyone is interested in making the same / similar connections. Thanks again to Chuck for his input.
10-17-18, 07:52 AM
You're welcome.