Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] ACU 400 integration to legacy
10-15-18, 01:28 AM
RE: [TG11] ACU 400 integration to legacy
Hi Myron,

I think that whichever way you connect it, you'll have 2 conversions and 3 networks (Seatalk1 to the ST50s, NMEA0183 to the Furuno and Navtex, NMEA2000/SeatalkNG to the EV pilot) which is far from ideal, but I think that getting everything on one modern (NMEA2000/SeatalkNG) network by replacing the old products is probably a project for the future.

If the current E85001 link to/from the Furuno and Navtex is working then I'd suggest leaving it for now, rather than invest more money in interfacing to old networks/products. I don't see a big enough advantage in changing out a currently-working interface: I'd save that money and put it towards a new NMEA2000-capable chartplotter later on.

Similarly, I'd aim to replace the ST50s with NMEA2000/STNG devices (i50/i60/70 instruments would be the natural choices of course) in the future, as the ST50s reach the end of their useful lives.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-18, 01:49 AM
Thanks, will follow your advice
Regards
Myron
10-23-18, 07:34 AM
Hi

Could you indicate how I connec the E22158 to the Inferface unit. I presume it is bare wire connection to the Seatalk connection box opposite to the one that is wired to the ST50 instruments?
10-24-18, 12:11 AM
Hi,

The E22158's seatalk (centre) connection goes to any point in the Seatalk network. This could be the other Seatalk terminal of the E85001 pictured, but also could be any available 3-pin flat standard Seatalk socket.

Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.