Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG] Autohelm multi display asking for a code on power up
07-05-18, 08:59 AM (This post was last modified: 07-06-18 11:36 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG] Autohelm multi display asking for a code on power up
We have mix of Autohelm (not sure what model) and ST60+ instruments. Recently, the Multi display was kicked and the screen was unreadable. I had an old Multi display from a previous boat which plugged in the daisy chain just like the old one. Upon power up the screen read "Enter Code". I entered all zeros as a guess and it came up and worked fine. After powering down and back on the next day, the display again read "Enter Code". I got it working again by entering zeros, but wonder if I can eliminate this need every time. Thank you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-18, 11:43 AM
RE: [DG] Autohelm multi display asking for a code on power up
Hi sbeeler333

Thank you for your enquiry.

The code is part of the old codelock system we used to use in the Autohelm ST50 range of instruments.

Since you know the code, you can get into the set up and delete it, you will need the old handbook for the ST50 multi.

I have attached the relevant part

regards
Derek

Attached File(s)
.pdf  ST50+Codelock.pdf (Size: 160.4 KB / Downloads: 816)
10-15-18, 08:22 AM (This post was last modified: 10-15-18 08:28 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Derek,

Thanks for the response and the pdf file, I didn't find it right after you posted and just dealt with having to enter the code each time. Now that Fall is here I have finally read and tried the instructions. Step 1 does provide the response and the display reads as described ("CAL" and software version "89 08". Pressing depth twice does not get the display to read "CAL CODE OFF" it seems to be going into a mode to set up the depth alarm. Is it possible the one I replaced isnt the Master, how do I know which instrument is the Master? Thank you
10-15-18, 08:56 AM
Hi sbeeler333

If the system is asking for a code since you removed a display, then the display that was removed was likely the MASTER, OR the replacement display you fitted was not a master and so is looking for a code from the old system.

The old code of 0000 should be able to be deleted, make sure that you press the DEPTH button briefly and quickly after you see the Software code, if you pause too long it will exit the code mode and return you to the Depth menu for alarm selection.

I suggest you need to experiment with button pressing to access the codelock menus.

regards
Derek
10-15-18, 09:14 AM (This post was last modified: 10-15-18 09:19 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks, I'll give it a try. I have been reading through the old manuals you have online and have learned a lot and of course have more questions now. It appears I may also have a ST50 (not plus) Tri data mounted below. It powers up without asking for the code. Is the Code Lock the only differance between the 50 and the 50plus?
10-15-18, 09:22 AM
Hi sbeeler333

There were some smaller features that were different between ST50 and ST50+, Codelock being the biggest change, options to select between Master and Repeater, improved display, better resolution of boat speed.

Thanks
Derek