Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Reversed Wheel Pilot Drive Wires
11-04-18, 07:46 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-18 11:05 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Reversed Wheel Pilot Drive Wires
While disconnecting my old 4000 control head to install my new Evo I noticed that the blue and brown drive wires were reversed on their terminals. The pilot always worked fine.
Question is 1.why? 2. might I have to reverse them on my new wheel pilot?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-05-18, 11:13 AM
RE: [CA11] Reversed Wheel Pilot Drive Wires
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum riclevitt,

Autopilot drive units employ reversing DC motors and accordingly don't have dedicated positive and negative terminals. Depending upon how the steering actuator is installed within the system, it is sometimes necessary to reverse connection of the drive unit's motor lead connections to the ACU / course computer. In short if commanding the +10 to the autopilot course computer causes the trailing edged rudder to move to the left instead of to the right, then the motor lead connections to the ACU must be reversed. While there is an accommodation within the autopilot control head to correct this phasing, it is considered to be a best installation practice to not use this feature, as it will be forgotten if the autopilot's software is updated / reset.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply