Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Raymarine Recovery Screen on Axium 9
10-17-18, 12:08 PM (This post was last modified: 10-17-18 12:34 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Raymarine Recovery Screen on Axium 9
OK, I downloaded the latest software update, extracted it on my local hard drive and copied all the files (the zipped upgrade file contained upgrades for every device that Raymarine makes I think! 1.2 gigs), to the root of the SD card. After the installation process I got the Raymarine Recovery screen (attached) and my software isn't updated. In addition, the Axiom no longer reads my SD card (I tried reloading with a fresh batch of downloaded files).

To make things worse, now I get a -60049 error for the Quantum radar saying it's not available. "Scanner failed self-test". I didn't even attempt to update the radar.

Need to know what to do next!

Thx.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-17-18, 12:36 PM (This post was last modified: 10-17-18 12:50 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Raymarine Recovery Screen on Axium 9
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum dbaders,

The reported Recovery Screen may be activated via the MFD's Power Swipe ... note the option to Apply update from primary SD card slot ... it would have been recommended that this option have been chosen to attempt the update again. Given error reported within the Recovery Screen and the actions taken, I believe that the reported software update problem is likely related to a fault within the microSD memory card or the MFD's memory card reader rather than a problem with the downloaded compressed folder ... assuming that you have correctly extracted the files. Please see the PM sent to you regarding this issue.
10-27-18, 03:42 PM (This post was last modified: 10-29-18 08:03 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
OK, I was able to install the upgrade. Thanks for your help with this Chuck. After the upgrade my radar will still not work. The radar worked fine prior to my failed attempt to upgrade the Axiom 9 software. I first had this problem after the failed upgrade attempt. The problem remains even now that the software has been upgraded. The radar powers up and connects to the Axiom (had to reconnect after the software update) but when I hit the transmit button I get a message that the "Scanner failed self test". I reinstalled the radar software but this didn't solve the issue.
10-29-18, 08:22 AM
dbaders,

The LightHouse 3 software update compressed folder for Axiom MFDs additionally included software update .iso files for all products which were designed to be update by the Axiom MFD. Should the software update have also updated the Quantum radome's software, then it is conceivable that the Scanner Self Test failure reported may have been triggered by the software update to the Quantum radome. To address this possibility, it is recommended that the radome be reset via the command sequence MENU->SETTINGS->ADVANCED->RESET. Should the problem persist thereafter, then it would be recommended that the vessel be connected to shore power, that its batteries be permitted to achieve a fully charged state, and that afterwards and while still connected to shore power that the radar again be commanded to transmit. Should the problem persist, then it would be recommended that the Quantum radome be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.