Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Bench testing ACU-200 Axiom Pro
05-05-19, 06:01 AM (This post was last modified: 05-07-19 11:51 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Bench testing ACU-200 Axiom Pro
Hello, I have connected my Axiom Pro 9 S on the bench with my ACU-200 to see if the software needed an update. On the software update section it asks of I wanted to reinstall the software for the ACU, so that tells me Im at the latest level. My question, since the Axiom can see that the ACU is connected in the software section, in the Axiom setting tabs the option to turn on the autopilot, the button is greyed out, is this normal?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-07-19, 12:37 PM
RE: [CA11] Bench testing ACU-200 Axiom Pro
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Bahltech,

Q. On the software update section it asks of I wanted to reinstall the software for the ACU, so that tells me Im at the latest level. My question, since the Axiom can see that the ACU is connected in the software section, in the Axiom setting tabs the option to turn on the autopilot, the button is greyed out, is this normal?
A. When a software update card is introduced to the MFD, the MFD should be expected to display a dialog alerting the operator that software updates are available and requesting whether to proceed. Should one opt to proceed, then the system should list all devices which have been interfaced to the MFD (and designed to be updated by the MFD) and automatically check the checkboxes of any devices which are in need of an update. If the checkbox adjacent to any listed device has not automatically selected, then the device may be assumed to already have the latest software update installed within its memory. Should one elect to update software within the initially unselected devices, then the reported message will be display. Electing to proceed should cause the checkbox adjacent to the corresponding device to be checked and then the Update Selected feature to become selectable.
05-12-19, 10:50 AM
Hello

Here is a screen shot of the toggle button for enabling the pilot control. With the ACU-200 connected to the Axiom I can not activate the toggle button. The toggle button does not let me activate it. Is this normal because of the test bench setup? I know the Axiom see,s the ACU since it can determine its software level.
05-13-19, 09:45 AM
Bahltech,

The system additionally needs to include an EV-1 CCU (i.e. the system's autopilot course computer) to enable the Autopilot Controls feature. The ACUxxx is the Evolution autopilot's actuator control unit.